Villa del Cardinale
A splendid Medieval Villa located on the hillside with astonishing views over Lucca, just 5 minutes’ drive from the town walls.
GUIDE PRICE € 1 690 000 without furniture
The furniture is available by negotiation - Click here for a full presentation of this property
Villa del Cardinale - Summary:
• A classic property with stunning view over Lucca and the surroundings, harmoniously located among olive trees on a hill side West of the town, and yet just 5 minutes' drive from the walls of Lucca – the Centro Storico - and 20 minutes from the airport of Pisa. Firenze (Florence) is only 45 minutes away by car.
• The estate is surrounded by 6,5 hectares/16 acres of olive groves amongst picturesque marble outcrops, and there is also space available to plant vineyards.
• This beautiful private villa was built by a famous Cardinal in 1650 as his personal study and meditation retreat. The whole property has been tastefully refurbished and still emanates a clear sense of harmony and peaceful energy.
• Cozy gazebo by the pool with automatic lights that switch on at sunset.
• Covered outdoor patio for al fresco dining.
• Salt water outdoor pool heated with solar panels for the spring and autumn.
• Large wood oven in the kitchen.
• Driving range and putting green at the local Golf Club, 1 km. from the villa.
• Air conditioning in all rooms.
• Heating: Three sources: 1) Mains, 2) Heat pumps with AC in some rooms and 3) Fire places in the living room and in the Master bedroom.
Villa del Cardinale is composed of the main villa, the annex and a small chalet, currently used for storage but easy to refurbish into a small cottage. The main villa is set out on three floors:
· Ground floor:
o Kitchen with the original large wood oven for cooking and heating.
o Dining room
o Studio with en-suite bathroom. Putting a double-bed sofa in the studio turns this room into a 5th bedroom.
· First floor:
o Living room with fire place
o Master bedroom with fire place and en-suite bathroom. This spacious bathroom has both shower and jacuzzi.
· Second floor:
o Two bedrooms each with en-suite bathroom. One of the bedrooms has a suite where one can put a double bed sofa, thus increasing the number of beds available.
The Annex has a double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and the washroom.
In the past few years the villa has been further refurbished, with new conduits for gas and electricity have been laid in the ground and the pool area and garden have been upgraded.
The coziness and layout of the villa makes it very well suited both for a single couple and larger families. It also provides an excellent rental opportunity.
A few words about Lucca
Lucca is a real jewel with ancient history and yet many modern activities - like the concert season in the summer featuring the most famous pop artists. In the Autumn and Winter starts a quite remarkable concert and opera season at the Teatro del Giglio.
According to Forbes, Lucca is the second best place to live in Europe, “with the same Tuscan charm of its neighbors Pisa and Tuscany but without the crowds”.
Around Villa Del Cardinale there are many local restaurants and wineries. Just 1 km from the Villa you can train your golf capabilities or take lessons with a Pro at the local Gol Club at Vicopelago; or you can play at two important golf courses in Tirrenia, just half an hour away.
The property includes most of the hill the villa lies on and you can hike up to the top, discovering the old marble quarry or feeling the harmony of the olive trees. The secluded hillside location benefits from cooling breezes in the heat of the summer.
Key distances (approx.):
• Lucca: 4km/2.5mi
• Torre del Lago (opera festival): 30km/18.6mi
• Carrara marble quarries: 66km/41mi
• Pisa (closest airport): 14km/8.7mi
• Florence: 79km/49mi
• Siena: 146km/90.7mi
• Cinque Terre: 115km/71.4mi
• Nearest shop/café bar – 800mt. /0.5mi
Info about taxes and other purchase costs
Purchase tax as Second home or Non-resident (approx.): 9% of cadastral value.
Purchase tax as a First home and Resident (approx.): 3% of cadastral value.
The cadastral value is typically far lower than the market value.
Registration of contract at Notary Public (approx.) € 2,000.00.
Notary Public fee (approx.) €3000
Technical report for Notary Public: can vary according to the complexity of the task – range € 2000 - 4000
No broker commission paid by the buyer
For a printable presentation, please click here