Splendid Art Nouveau (Jugend style) villa in the heart of Viareggio – on the Promenade along the seaside, just 30 mt. across from the beaches of the Versilian Capital.
Offered at € 2 500 000 without furniture
The furniture is available by negotiation - Click here for a full presentation of this property
• Upscale villa in Art Nouveau style, refurbished harmoniously with exquisite details.
• Located in the most prestigious area of Viareggio, on the Versilian Coast, the villa boasts 2 residential units – each with its own entrance.
• Charming conservatory of about 50 sqm / 538 sqf built between the two residential units, opening to a small well-kept Tuscan garden of about 170 sqm / 1830 sqf.
• The refurbishment of 2006 left no room for low quality materials:
◦ The floors are in three different types of wood
◦ The walls are treated with Venetian plaster
◦ The wall lamps made of Murano glass
◦ The heating radiators are of cast iron – thus harmonizing with the early 20th Century style and providing best heating performance for that type of heating system.
• The main part of the villa features an elegant and spacious entrance hall, with an impressive white Carrara marble staircase and a cast-iron staircase.
• The living area of the main body of the villa is composed of several rooms: a reading room, a music room, a hall with a fireplace and dining area, a study, and a bathroom.
• The first floor features a central hallway with a skylight made of decorated glass, leading to the master bedroom.
• The master bedroom is larger than 30 sqm / 323 sqf with floors of refined parquet laid in a herringbone pattern. From the balcony of the master one can enjoy a breath-taking view of the seaside and Viareggio's promenade.
• A corridor then leads to the other part of the property, which has two floors home to the living and sleeping areas respectively.
• Heating: Mains gas
According to Wikipedia, Viareggio is a city in northern Tuscany, on the coast of the Tyrrhenian Sea. With a population of over 62,000, it is the second largest city within the province of Lucca, after Lucca.
It is known as a seaside resort as well as being the home of the famous carnival of Viareggio (dating back to 1873), and its papier-mâché floats, which (since 1925), parade along the promenade known as "Passeggiata a mare", in the weeks of Carnival.
The city traces its roots back to the first half of the 16th century when it became the only gate to the sea for the State-Republic of Lucca. The oldest building in Viareggio, known as Torre Matilde, dates back to this time and was built by the Lucchesi in 1541 as a defensive fortification to fight the constant menace of corsair incursions.
Viareggio can be regarded as the “capital” of the Versilian Coast and a major tourist destination; in addition to this, Viareggio is also an active industrial and manufacturing centre: its shipbuilding industry has long been renowned around the world and its fishing and floricultural industries are still fundamental sectors to the city's economy.
Key distances (approx.):
• Lucca: 28km/18mi
• Torre del Lago (opera festival): 5,3km/3.3mi
• Carrara marble quarries: 38km/23.6mi
• Pisa (closest airport): 24km/15mi
• Florence: 91km/56.5mi
• Siena: 163km/101mi
• Cinque Terre: 95,2km/59mi
• Nearest shop/bar – 20mt /22yds
Info about taxes and other purchase costs
Purchase tax as Second home or Non-resident (approx.): 9% of cadastral value.
Purchase tax as a First home and Resident (approx.): 3% of cadastral value.
The cadastral value is typically far lower than the market value.
Registration of contract at Notary Public (approx.) € 2,000.00.
Notary Public fee (approx.) €3000
Technical report for Notary Public: can vary according to the complexity of the task – range € 2000 - 4000
No broker commission paid by the buyer